10 Mar Job Opportunity: Operations Director
Join the EngageMedia team!
The Operations Director oversees EngageMedia’s finances, administration, human resources, policies and procedures, grant and knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and project management systems.
The position works closely with the Executive Director to build the strength of EngageMedia’s operational infrastructure to ensure our program work is highly dynamic, strategic, and well-executed.
The position is full-time and may be based in any major city in Southeast Asia.
Applications should be submitted by April 8, 2020 (23:59 PM GMT+7), using the application form at the bottom of this page.
Key Position Aims:
- Grow the organisation’s operational capacity and efficiency
- Ensure the financial integrity of the organisation
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure sound and timely administrative support to all program activities
- Ensure a productive, attractive, and well-managed working environment for staff and consultants
- Recruit and retain talented staff and consultants
Systems, Policies, and Procedures
- Coordinate the design and implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and statutes
- Oversee and develop financial and administrative systems
- Oversee the organisation’s knowledge and project management systems
- Develop and maintain contracting systems
- Oversee office management, ensuring offices are efficient and properly resourced to support program and operational activities
Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Assist with implementation of the strategic plan
- Set and monitor operational goals and KPIs
- Develop and management monitoring and evaluation systems
- Ensure planning is synchronised with available resources
- Assist with scheduling and planning of the organisation’s activities
- Oversee the maintenance of internal calendars
- Assist with and at times lead staff meeting scheduling and preparation
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Lead the organisation’s human resources, including recruitment and performance management
- Work with the Executive Director in establishing hiring needs and strategy
- Prepare staff and consultant contracts and position descriptions
- Manage the induction and separation of staff
- Directly supervise the operations, administration, and finance teams
- Oversee the coordination of insurance and other staff benefits
Finance and Funding
- Assist in the development of annual and project budgets
- Oversee the tracking of project budgets in coordination with the Finance Manager and project lead
- Authorise invoices and payments
- Work with the Administration and Finance Manager to oversee and develop banking systems
- Assist with, and at times lead, grant reporting and grant management, including preparing any necessary documentation
- Support the fundraising work of the Executive Director
- Review monthly reports on project budgets and organisational finances, ensuring budgets are up to date and properly monitored
- Work with finance staff to develop efficient financial systems
- Support the Executive Director in Board management
- Oversee the preparation of financial and operations reports to the Board
- Complete fluency in English and working proficiency in at least one Asian language
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, including in cross-cultural environments
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of non-profit and business planning
- Experience in change management and rapid growth environments
- Highly adept and innovative in using current and emerging technologies to enhance operations and management systems
- A strong understanding of HR functions and processes
- Familiarity working in virtual workplaces with decentralised teams
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple activities and competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Familiarity with foundation funding models, grant writing and reporting
- Motivated, self-organised and active in taking the initiative
- Minimum undergraduate university degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior management position in a media, technology or non-profit organisation
- A degree in business, administration, or non-profit management is highly desirable.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below. Applications are due by April 8, 2020 (23:59 PM GMT+7).