23 Dec Call for Expressions of Interest: Graphic Designer
Our dynamic Asia-Pacific non-profit seeks expressions of interest from highly-skilled graphic designers and design teams who have strong knowledge of typography, color, layout, and image manipulation to create visually appealing designs that clearly communicate EngageMedia’s brand to our various audiences.
In addition to our communications team, you will work closely with our program and project teams to produce engaging design assets for print and digital, ensuring that all deliverables maintain a look and feel that is consistent with our brand.
We seek those who are also aligned with our organisation’s wider goals towards social and environmental justice, and who have some experience in working with not-for-profits.
You will collaborate with the communications team and take direction from program and project leaders in an effort to create engaging designs for print and digital. You will be responsible for generating design concepts, executing revisions, and meeting deadlines.
- Design pages for print and digital so that information is easy to find, read, and understand.
- Gather all relevant facts for each project and ensure that all deliverables communicate the correct information.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts, and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes marketers, creative directors, and product managers in order to create compelling designs.
- Translate information about the client’s business and customers into designs that are visually enticing, easy to understand, and emotionally impactful.
- Stay on top of the latest standards, processes, and trends in the visual design field.
- Bachelor’s in graphic design or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- A strong portfolio that showcases aesthetic awareness and design problem solving abilities.
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe products like InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- A basic working knowledge of screen design tools like Sketch.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain design decisions in words and writing.
- The ability to receive, interpret, and implement constructive feedback from project stakeholders into your design work.
- An appreciation for and awareness of emerging design trends in print and digital.
- Able to learn new tools and processes quickly and work in a fast-evolving environment.
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the internet and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist movements to challenge social injustice and environmental damage, as well as to present solutions.
EngageMedia works with independent film-makers, video activists, technologists, campaigners, and social movements to generate wider audiences for their vital messages, and move people to action.
Please fill the application form below.
The above is a modified version of Toptal’s Graphic Designer Template